A proverb is a simple and concrete saying, popularly known and repeated, that expresses a truth based on common sense or the practical experience of humanity, hardly ever confused with a local hip-hop artist. Here are some of my favourite Muslim proverbs, adapted from common ones. None will make it into popular culture.Please add yours to the comments section
- Don't count your chickens before they're certified
- One man's treasure is another man's zakat.
- A chain is only as strong as its weakest narrator.
- Don't put all your eggs in one biryani dhegg.
- Necessity is the mother of Tayammum.
- If it ain't broke, don't fix it with a bid'ah
- Actions speak louder than duas.
- You can't make an omelette without saying bismillah.
- The early bird catches tahajud
- The grass is always greener in the aakhirah